With only a few weeks left before we leave for California, we have been working non-stop. My soul was in serious need of a good stretch and healing nourishment, so I decided to partake in some YouTube yoga and a huge smoothie bowl.
I have seen these all over Instagram and Pinterest, so I had no choice but to join the cool nutrition/fitness gurus and become a part of the smoothie bowl movement. They end up being really thick, like a frozen yogurt consistency. After I put my smoothie into a bowl, I pretend I am at Sweet Frog and load up on toppings!
The recipe I’m sharing with y’all is so incredibly delicious, you’d never guess it was healthy and good for you! Eating this amazing smoothie filled with antioxidants from the berries, banana, kale, chia seeds, almond milk, and honey, you’ll wonder why you didn’t go “green” before.
The smoothie portion is so amazing, I could gobble it up alone. Adding toppings just makes everything better! I went to town on this bowl by adding raspberries, banana, my favorite granola, and chia seeds. This is what I was feeling, but feel free to get creative and add whatever you want. I use all sorts of toppings depending on what I want that day: berries, coconut, dried fruit, nuts, kiwi, honey and bee pollen.
(all organic ingredients)
- Kale- chopped, 1 cup
- Chia seed pudding– 1 cup
- Mixed berries, frozen- 1 1/2 cup
- Banana- frozen
- Honey- 1-2 tsp
- Organic protein powder- 1 scoop
- Banana- 1/2 sliced
- Chia seeds- 1 tsp
- Almonds- chopped, 2 tbsp
- Raspberries- handful
- Granola- 1/4 cup of your choice
1. Purée kale and chia seed pudding in blender until smooth
2. Add frozen berries, banana, honey, and protein powder into blender and blend until relatively smooth (you are eating with a spoon so it doesn’t have to be perfect).
3. Pour into bowl
4. Garnish with toppings of your choice and enjoy knowing that this deliciousness is good for you!