Happy Wednesday ya’ll! The rain here is really making me want to snuggle up with a blanket and be lazy with all the kiddos. We are settling into our new house and ya’ll it feels great! I can see the end in site for all the rooms being decorated and we have been very mindful of what we bring in. I don’t want to just fill spaces with things, I am a minimalist at heart so for something to be in my house, it has to have a place. One thing that is in every room of the house are Himalayan salt lamps.
I started researching about how indoor air pollution effects us all and it really scared me. I consider my home my safe space which is why I was shocked to hear about the many ways that I put myself and my family at risk of indoor air pollution. After that, I became a woman on a mission that decided to take matters into my own hands and DO BETTER. I strongly urge you to first look into bringing live plants into your home. Let me disclose, I feel like I have a black thumb and I always over water/under water plants. BUT I found a really great roundup of hard to kill (haha) ones that help clean the air. You can read all about them by clicking here.
The other major way, I’ve found to combat indoor air pollution is by using salt lamps. Ya’ll! We have them in every room and love them. Not only are they just plain gorgeous but they help with an array of things in the home. Read below to find all the goods and why you need them in your house. PS, not all salt lamps are REAL so I strongly urge you to check them out before you just buy one from Walmart. I buy mine from this store at the beach called Black Water Minerals because I know that they are in fact, real.
1. Salt lamps purify the air – I love that by having them in our home that it helps filter pollen, dust and dirt particles. Salt lamps are so cleansing that they can even help get rid of smells like cigarette smoke, burned food and stinky socks.
2. Prevent allergy and protect against asthma – Because salt lamps help eliminate dust and mold, this gets your lungs breathing normal. You want to make sure that you put your salt lamps in areas that you are in a lot so you can reap the benefits.
3. Alleviates chronic coughs – When the salt lamps heat up, a change in the air molecules occurs. This helps naturally filter harmful ions that can cause health issues and irritate your lungs.
4. Increase Energy Levels – Himalayan salt helps produce positive energy which can change the mood of a room. It helps with calming and being less anxious.
5. Neutralize Electromagnetic Radiation – I often get asked about how to reduce EMF exposure and this is a great way to do so. The purifying qualities help keep radiation at bay.
6. Better Sleep – Getting better sleep is a common result of placing a salt lamp in your bedroom. The energy from the lamp helps with calming.
7. Improve Mood & Concentration – With more energy also comes a better mood and enhanced focus. I love that it helps me with my work life and also homework time with the kids.
8. Treat Seasonal Affective Disorder – Himalayn salt lamps warm up when they are turned on and this helps sooth symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder, which can make many patients more comfortable at home.
9. Reduce Static Electricity in the Air – Static is one thing that I’ve always had a big issue with until we brought in salt lamps into the home. The air changes from the lamp helps decrease the electricity in the air.
10. Environmentally-Friendly Light Source – Himalayan salt lamps use economic bulbs that emit less energy but still get you maximum benefits. Therefore, you can use this low-light item as the perfect way to stay healthy and save at the same time!
If you have any questions about Himalyan salt lamps or if you do have them in your home and love them, please leave a comment on this post so I can hear more.