Are you wanting to help add more definition to your arms outside of carrying babies and grocery bags? I’ve got you! I love working on my arms and building muscle strength. This is something I work on every day in yoga but also love working on targeted areas when I have extra time. On arm day you can find me rotating these…. I personally suggest starting somewhere with lower reps and building on as your endurance gets bigger. I made sure to share ones that are also easily modified based on level and able to be done anywhere.
- Push ups – I could not do full push ups until this year but I didn’t let that stop me. I suggest starting with your knees down and crossing your ankles. I like to do as many push ups as I can and just work my way up every day, so if I did 20 yesterday tomorrow I would shoot for 21. Your number can be very different than mine, it could be 2… just start somewhere.
- Shoulder Taps – This is a great arm work out that will not only leave your arms burning but your core as well. I like to do 10 taps on each side before I move on to another arm workout but you might find that you can do more! GO GIRL! Your arms are going to be feeling it the next day.
- Forearm to Plank – The simple movement from being on your hands verses your forearms is a workout in itself. These seem easy until you get a few in and then you’re burning like crazy. I would suggest starting with 10 and seeing how many you can do.
- Down Dog Push Ups – Go into a down dog position and then bend your arms like push ups. This will work different areas of your arm and also upper back strength. These are harder for me to do so I do a lower amount, I suggest starting at 5 and working your way up.
- Tricep Dips – I have done these for years, they are hands down my fav arm down out. Depending on where you are there will always be some sort of surface edge perfect for these. I suggest starting with 15 and working your way up.