If you’re like us, you’re trapped in the house with at least one small child who needs to be homeschooled and entertained for the next several weeks. I am working from home with FIVE small kids and have been desperately trying to find things for them to do in addition to the work the school sent home! I asked on my instagram @littlesouthernwife for suggestions for what you’re doing with your kids (and a few things for adults to do to keep our sanity) and I have come up with the following list of suggestions:
- Science Mom: This channel is giving us life right now! We are loving her daily broadcasts about science and especially her kid-friendly approach to talking about the virus! Alot of kids have questions, including mine. She does a great job of being informative and positive! Also her 2 HOUR LIVE STREAMS start every day at 11AM EST so that’s 2 hours of guaranteed learning time every. single. day. Go here.
- Kids Learning Tube
- Free School
- Homeschool Pop
- Smithsonian Channel
- The Brain Scoop
- Word World PBS
- Sci Show Kids
- National Geographic Kids
- Peekaboo Kidz
- Storyline Online
- Storytime with Ms. Becky
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Williams
- Cosmic Kids Yoga: this has been a favorite of ours for years! Super cool to do at any time but especially on a rainy day stuck inside.
- Jack Hartmann: this music channel is one that a lot of teachers use!
- The Learning Station: there are SO many amazing videos here for kids of all ages. My favorite is the song “Herman the Worm”
- Art for Kids Hub: another amazing YouTube channel! This family uploads new art classes every week! They do step-by-step instructions for how to draw! It’s super interactive and lots of fun! Check it out!
- Storyline: y’all! This is the cutest. It’s where actors and actresses read stories for children.
- Brainpop: Helps you make any room a classroom.
- Anne Frank House Virtual Tour
- Atlanta Zoo Panda Cam
- British Museum London
- Cincinnati Zoo Virtual Safaris at 3pm EST daily
- Ancient Rome Virtual Tour with Lessons
- ABC Australia: Multiple Education Resources
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium (home of Winter the dolphin)
- Duke Farms Eagle Cam: New Jersey
- Ellis Island Interactive Tour
- Explore.Org Live Cams
- FarmFood 360
- San Diego Zoo
- Global Guardian Project: this is free for a month to help mom’s out.
- ABC Mouse: an early learning academy for children preschool through 2nd grade. Use code: SCHOOLL7771
- Starfall: an interactive website for learning.
- Freckle: empowers teachers to differentiate instruction across Math, ELA, Social Studies and Science.
- Mystery Science: The most popular K-5 science curriculum
- Fluency and Fitness Educational Brain Breaks: Fluency & Fitness® is typically used in classrooms for review purposes, but we are giving families 21 days of FREE unlimited access to our site during school closures due to the Coronavirus. Your access to the content will simply expires after this time period. Of course, if you love this, you can always sign up for a plan later. 👉 Make using this site even more enjoyable by joining in along with your child! Click here for your FREE 3 week trial !
- Shark Story Hour Facebook Live: by the Atlantic White Shark Conservancy
- The Little Gym: free book readings and exercise every day.
- Home Safari Facebook Lives: these are virtual field trips put on by the Cincinnati Zoo. Everyday at 1PM, they stream a special about a different animal!
- Soullift: Pure Barre and Yoga daily workouts online. Two week classes for $28.
- Downdog: They are waiving membership fees through the end of the month.
- FitON: another app you can download for workouts.
- Tone It Up: app is free for 30 days.
- Peleton: free for 30 days via their app.
- Declutter: this is free. Watch Tidying Up With Marie on Netflix it can help you get into that mindset.
- Clean out your cleaning and personal care products. Y’all! This goes hand in hand with decluttering, it’s SO simple. Go to google and type in “EWG _____” name of product where the blank is and everything that rates high, throw it in the trash. Another great help would be to watch the documentary “STINK!” on Netflix. Please reach out to me if you have any questions, I would love to be of help.
- At home cooking: order a meal service like Hello Fresh and try your hand at upping your normal cooking skills.
- Watch church services at home. We go to Newspring here in Florence. They always live stream and save their services online and in a podcast form. Elevation Church is also great to watch.
And that’s it folks! I hope you enjoy these while you’re at home. If I missed anything that think should be added, please share it below. Let’s brainstorm and make this time at home amazing.