My Must Have Baby Registry Items
This is going to be super short and sweet because baby registries should all be both of those. I’ve learned that with babies come lots of “things” and less is more. You do not need all the things you think you do. They just take up lots of space, remain unused and you could have spent that money on things you’ll actually use like diapers. All the diapers!
When I was pregnant with Nolan, I remember going to Target with the scanner and just scanning so much junk. Junk that my friends and family paid for and literally sat in piles at my house unused after the baby came. Y’all, please don’t fall into that trap. It will make you feel bad that your loved ones spent so much on those unused items and you will feel so clustered in your home.
Less is more fits so many different aspects of life as a parent and I’m here to share my basic necessities that I prepped before Vivi joined us. I’ve gotten this down to a smaller list because I’ve learned that there is so much that I can do without. But there are several things that are must haves in the world of new baby.
1. Diapers and wipes – seriously, you could never have enough of both! I really love having baby showers focused on diapers and wipes. It allows the parents to buy the blankets and clothing they want and letting others do the buying of diapers and wipes. I personally love the brands Hello Bello, Parasol, Honest and Seventh Generation diapers and wipes. I suggest getting one or two packs of newborn diapers and a few multiples of sizes 1, 2 and 3. Keep the receipts and you can always exchange for different sizes.
2. Swaddles and Burp Cloths – in my opinion you need at least ten swaddles because babies have poop diapers that make their way to them or spit up randomly so you’re going to wash them a lot. When our baby is in the newborn stage we swaddle daily and it really does make a different in how long they sleep. I love these brands of swaddles: Little Unicorn, Aden and Aanis, Solly Baby, Kyte Baby and Sugarhouse Baby for thicker ones. I do suggest buying at least a six pack of Muslin burp cloths to have on hand. Otherwise you’ll find yourself changing every feeding after you have burped the baby.
3. A Baby Wrap – y’all! I didn’t know a thing about babywearing until Nolan was about 6 months old and wow it is a total game changer for a mom. I was able to accomplish so much more because he would sleep peacefully verses just cry every time I tried to lay him down and do anything. I could clean my house, get ready with both hands, eat a hot meal and even run errands without lugging a car seat in and out of the car. It was a total game changer and I’ll say that a million times over. My favorite way to baby wear before 6 months is with a Solly baby wrap. It takes a little time to get used to but YouTube tutorials helped me practice until I was able to do it without missing a beat. I will say that wrapping myself at home verses when I get somewhere is another life saver.
4. Infant Car Seat – this is a no brainer because every baby needs a car seat. We had a Graco brand when Nolan was an infant and then after that we used the Nuna Pipa for the rest of the kids. I did this for a few reasons and most importantly because of how it tested with safety and it is SO LIGHT! You never realize how heavy a car seat is until you start lugging it around and this is the lightest car seat you can find! I have used the same one for the last three kids but recently grabbed a new one during the Nordstrom sale. Now I have car seats for both of our cars and we don’t have to move anything back and forth.
5. Bath Products – I swear by the Beautycounter baby line. Not only is it the safest, it’s the most high performing and my products normally last me 8+ months before they run out. Hey, hey, hey! That means not having to buy baby wash every time you turn around and being able to spend that money on other things. I love that so much! You can read more about the line by clicking here and what you want to watch out for when choosing your baby products. I’ll also share that the Baby Protective Balm is amazing for coating your newborns bum after birth so those meconium poops aren’t so stuck.
Other than the items above, you would want to buy clothing for your little one but I’ll leave that up to you for where you buy them from because I know we all have different styles. I will say that zippers are life so don’t buy to many things with a million buttons. Let me know if you have any baby questions, I would love to help!