THIS POST IS IN PARTNER WITH LIDL. ALL THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. PLEASE VISIT MY DISCLAIMER PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Y’all know I LOVE healthy on a budget. There is no better feeling than knowing I just scored something healthy for my family without paying a healthy price 😉 I have loved shopping at Lidl for a while now and when I had the opportunity to work with them I jumped at the chance because it is important to me to bring you information and partnerships that benefit YOU! With Lidl grocery store right around the corner, it’s easy for me to snag all the healthy and organic options our family loves.
If you’ve followed me for any length of time, you know by now that my favorite meal in the summer is a salad, and that my family loves nothing more than spending ALL our time outside – meals included! Since the weather has warmed up, we have taken full advantage of hanging outside and focusing on simple and fresh meals for our family.
This week, we enjoyed the most delicious dinner thanks to @lidlus on our back porch. This balsamic chicken watermelon and feta salad was SO simple to make, taking under 20 minutes, and didn’t even cost $20 total! How fab is that? It’s rare to be able to feed our entire family six for less than that especially when cooking a healthy meal. Here’s how we made it:
Balsamic Chicken Watermelon Salad
- 1½ lb. organic chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Lidl Preferred Selection balsamic glaze, plus additional for serving
- 5-ounce package organic baby kale
- 5-ounce package organic baby arugula
- 16 ounces fresh watermelon chunks, cut into bite size pieces
- 8.8 ounces fresh feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Salt and pepper tenderloins and add to skillet (this can be done in 2 batches if necessary).
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side, until internal temperature is 165°F. Remove from skillet to cutting board.
- Cut tenderloins into small, bite-sized pieces, Place in medium bowl and add ½ cup balsamic glaze, stirring to coat.
- In a large bowl combine kale and arugula, Top with chicken, watermelon and feta. Drizzle with additional balsamic glaze. Serve as a composed salad or toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Let me know if you make this salad, or if you added any extra ingredients to make it even more tasty!