It’s almost the fourth of July! We are gearing up for a big day with friends and family and of course it will be centered around FOOD! This is the first year in our new home and we are trying to get outside of our little bubble and socialize. Anyone else focusing on this as well? We really want to use our home for fellowship and what a better way to do that than to have a cookout?
I love cooking and thanks to Lidl, I don’t have to go out and search a million places for the ingredients that I need. They have a big sale happening for their St. Louis style ribs that cannot be beat. Because of the sale, I decided to try this recipe a couple days before we had people over to make sure it was a hit, and it really was! I am so excited it was a success and to share this recipe with y’all so you can head to the store today to pick up the items needed. These ribs were fall-off-the-bone delicious and tasted like we spent a lot of money on them at a BBQ restaurant. I also love that it was sooo easy to make something so delicious because we used the slow cooker! Head over to your local Lidl to get them today and have your own easy spread for tomorrow.
• 2 slabs St. Louis style pork ribs
• 3 tablespoons brown sugar **I sub coconut sugar**
• 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon sage
• 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
• 1 tablespoon paprika
• 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
• 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
• barbecue sauce, for serving
• In a small bowl make dry rub by combining spices and brown sugar.
• Cut each slab of ribs in half.
• Rub both sides of ribs with dry rub.
• Stand ribs up in slow cooker (do not add any liquid).
• Cook 8 – 9 hours on low.
• Remove ribs to cutting board, carefully cutting into individual ribs.
• Serve with barbecue sauce.
Let me know if you try this recipe for your cookout tomorrow, I’d love to hear if you enjoyed it. I hope you have a fabulous time celebrating our great nation! Happy 4th!