This post is in partner with Lidl. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Please read my disclaimer page for more information.
TGIF ya’ll! With every Friday, my hope is to roll out a new recipe for ya’ll to try over the weekend or the following week. Thankfully, Lidl grocery has helped me bring in some new ideas for meals. We tend to just cook the same things over and over and get into a cooking rut but adding a new recipe every week into our routine really does help! Sometimes they are a flop and the family doesn’t love them but sometimes they are a huge hit like these espresso rubbed steaks. Derrek and I thought this sounded super different but after trying it, LOVED it. We don’t eat red meat to much but when we do it’s always good quality like these steaks. The recipe was super easy and I just modified for the grill.
-¼ cup Lidl Preferred Selection espresso
-1 tablespoon brown sugar
-2 teaspoons onion powder
-2 teaspoons paprika
-1 tablespoon Preferred Selection Mediterranean sea salt
-1 teaspoon pepper
-4 – 8-ounce organic grass fed sirloin steaks
1. In a small bowl combine first 6 ingredients.
2. Heat cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
3. Coat each steak with 2 tablespoons rub. Place steaks on foil lined baking sheet, let rest until skillet is hot.
4. Add steaks to skillet, cook 3-4 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 130°F to 135°F (for medium rare).
5. Allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes. Serve immediately