This post is in partner with Lidl, please read my disclaimer page for more information. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
TGIF Ya’ll! Shewwww, I am so glad that it’s finally the weekend. Derrek and I have plans to go to the movies and I couldn’t be more excited. For that and… many naps since he will be home! ha! Mercy is getting a million teeth at the same time… jk but she is getting tooth after tooth and we are team no sleep right now. This has caused me to really focus hard on easy recipes that I can incorporate so that I don’t loose my mind. I tried to make jambalaya for the first time and I really impressed myself! It was super easy and SO delicious!
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 medium onions, peeled and diced
3 bell peppers (red, yellow, orange), seeded and cut into ½-inch pieces
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
13-ounce turkey kielbasa, sliced lengthwise and cut into ¼-inch pieces6 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups hot cooked rice, for serving
hot sauce (optional)
1. Heat oil over in a large pot or Dutch oven medium heat.
2. Add carrots celery, onions and peppers, sauté until vegetables are soft and onions are translucent, 10-12 minutes.
3. Add kielbasa and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add tomato sauce, salt, pepper and cayenne, increase heat to medium high until simmering.
5. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Serve over rice. Add hot sauce if desired.
Please let me know if you make it! We have made it every other week since Lidl, first shared the recipe. It’s SO good and actually really easy to make.