I thought it would be fun to start a “mom confessions” blog series where I share random tidbits about things I’ve had going on this week. I think this will help y’all understand that my life is NOT perfect, and I do not paint it to be. I hope this inspires you to share something with me and join the “mom confessions” movement. I mean, that’s what this is all about right? Connecting to your fellow mama with stained yoga pants, no makeup and a top knot!
- I get really, really cranky when I spend too much time inside. We’ve been working like mad to get orders out before Christmas and get all of our supplies together for upcoming vendor events and home parties that I have to head up. I feel like the weight of the world has been on my shoulders this week, so I told Derrek we must get out of our house and go do something fun. Nolan has started hanging out with his cousins down at the farm, and they have turned him into a tractor riding, hay bale jumping country boy! I knew about this beautiful wheat field they just baled, so we jumped in the car and headed over there. I’m totally one of those moms that lives for matching. It was the perfect weather for these light sweatshirts from Little Blue Canoe! The kids ran around and we enjoyed watching them play and feeling the breeze in the air.
- I’ve started putting up my Christmas…with my pumpkins still out every where. Can I just create a hybrid holiday and keep everything out forever? I cannot make a commitment one way or the next. I was going to wait until we went to get our tree, but I feel like last year Christmas flew by so quickly I want to enjoy the décor for a bit longer!
- I’ve only worked out twice this week because of how tired I’ve been. Harper is getting her molars in, so she has been keeping us all up at random hours of the night. I have napped with her more this week than I have since she was a newborn! I cannot seem to catch up on my sleep, and lack of working out hasn’t helped my case. I feel so angry at myself that I haven’t been taking care of my body better.
- Harper has wanted to nurse more and more due to her molars, and I do have to admit I am feeling a little touched out this week. It’s so different when they get older and a toe goes up your nose or they try and run away from you with your boob still in their mouth.
- I hit my next rank with Young Living, and if I hit my next rank in 6 months, I AM GOING TO UTAH. Yea! You heard me right! This is my goal! I am dying to take the family to the lavender fields and get lost for a few days! I’ve really enjoyed learning more about the essential oil world, and I am so excited to continue my journey.
- Yesterday, the kid’s started feeding our Maltese, Darlin’, a bunch of table food because she does tricks for treats (ha) and then they all ventured upstairs for a little bit to play in their rooms. Darlin’ followed them up there, and after a while they all came back down. I went upstairs today to get something, and I picked up a random knit blanket on the floor and under it and attached to it was dog throw up. I came down and asked Nolan about it and he said “Darlin’s tummy hurt… so she got sick. I covered it up because I did not want her to get in trouble!” Ahhh! Why does he have to be so cute. But dang the things you find when you’re a mom. It’s like messes are attracted to moms!
- People assume that we don’t work hard because we aren’t working a 9-5 job, but let me tell you. I’ve worked more since I’ve started this business than I have ever in my entire life, and I’ve worked since I was 15! Since we live in a small town, we cannot find a babysitter to keep the kids that’s not a high school student that gets out at 3:30 or Mimi down the road, but she has a life too! So we make the best during the day and keep trading off with the kids until we make dents in our to-do lists. When the kids go to sleep, that’s our crunch time.. we make bangles from 9 to sometimes 2am every. single. night. I feel like I could make them in my sleep because I dream about it so much! The little breaks we get to take are so important because it keeps us from getting overwhelmed.
- Derrek and I have been working on setting a budget (life is expensive, we have things we are saving for) and starting the Dave Ramsey method with cash envelopes, SO I have made a promise to myself to not spend what I would normally spend on clothing online and not buy anything all week. I knew I had an online shopping addiction, but man the things I put in my cart and never buy HAUNT ME. I am trying so hard not to be so easily tempted, but temptation is everywhere, so I’ve been spending less time on my phone.
- My kids have been pretty much naked all week at home. I didn’t know I would be living in a nudist colony, but here I sit. Being rolled all over by my Buddha bellied kids and I love it! We are attempting potty training with Harper, but so far it’s just been cleaning a lot of pee off the floor. Every time I go near the kids with clothes they run and scream like wild animals so naked they stay.
- We may or may not have stayed in pjs pretty much every day this week. I’m telling ya it’s been pure craziness over here so forgive the honesty but I couldn’t help wanting to share more about how “perfectly” things go around here day to day!
Please share some of your mom confessions below. Let’s show the world that life isn’t perfect but it’s worth it when you’re with your own crazy crew!