TGIF Y’all! I don’t know about you but the weekend being here just makes my entire DAY! This has been a record LOOONNGGGG week in our household and having the next three days to do nothing but hang out is heavenly.
School is right around the corner. AH! How did that happen? I don’t know about y’all but I am excited and sad at the same time. I am also starting to prep our immune systems for back to school germs and I figured I’d share so everyone else can start this as well. Giving your immune system a good boost before school is the biggest focus we should all have for our littles right now. We’ve had all summer to enjoy and not deal with a runny nose, constant cough or stomach flu and with a large family like mine, it’s my only dislike about school being back in session.
By incorporating the following things and routines in your own family life, this will most certainly help keep the sickies away and help everyone stay healthy and happy with the changing seasons. Of course, I am not saying that vitamins and supplements are the cure for everything. I believe that focusing on a healthy lifestyle all around is most important and adding these in will help give you a boost.
- Nordic Naturals Probiotics – my children actually take two different probiotics that have different health benefit strains. I love the Nordic Naturals brand of vitamins because they are made with really good organic ingredients. Probiotics are the best way to keep your gut health in check and support immune system needs.
2. Nordic Naturals Vitamin C – there are SO MANY health benefits of Vitamin C. It helps boost immunity, is an antioxidant, lowers the level of lead in blood, reduces stress, reduces symptoms of the common cold and so much more. You can get more vitamin c by eating lots of citrus. We love these gummies by Nordic Naturals so much that our entire family eats them.
3. Elderberry Syrup – I’ve talked about this numerous times on my blog and y’all have got to check out this post for all the deets. I’ve also tried numerous brands of Elderberry and this is by far my favorite and most effective in my opinion. I buy these packets and make my own. It’s super simple and it allows me to add local honey for everyone which gives even more health benefits. I also make a small jar for Mercy without the honey since she isn’t two yet. It takes me a short amount of time to make and I end up with 4 quarts from one packet.
4. Natural Calm Nighttime – okay, this isn’t really for immune support but I had to include it because it is a game changer for our kids. They have been on a late night summer routine which has been ridiculously hard to break. They also have a little stress associated with going back to school so I found this magnesium supplement to help them relax and fall asleep easier. They call it their “calm drink” and they make it themselves every night before bed.
5. Colloidal Silver – Y’all… I had no idea what I was missing out on by not using silver for our health. I’ve always supported the use when cleaning (it smothers and kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria) but I didn’t realize it would do the same with our bodies! It helps to reduce inflammation, can kill bacteria, helps prevent viruses from entering our bodies, is toxic to cancer cells, can help with yeast build up and helps with the common cold and cough. We don’t take it every day unless it’s during an immune season boost OR we already have been sick with something. I’ve even used it to help clear an ear infection effectively.
6. Doterra Probiotics Sticks – we double up probiotics during immune season. I love adding on these sticks when I place an essential oils order because they are delivered quickly, and the kids LOVE them. They remind me of pixie sticks candy from when I was little. They help amp up immune systems and are perfect to grab and go. You can even add into their lunch boxes for a “sweet treat” at school.
7. Manuka Honey – I am sure a lot of you are like, “what in the world does honey have to do with anything?” and I want y’all to know that it has everything to do with immune building. Manuka honey has been proven more powerful and effective than antibiotics and for that reason we all take a spoonful a day! I love the Wedderspoon brand and we’ve used it for the last 4 years with great success. You can read more about it by clicking here.
8. Hand Sanitizer – I do believe that a good amount of germs is needed to build a healthy immune system but I always want to make sure that everyone has a healthy option if they do want to incorporate a hand sanitizer. I always keep one of these with me in case we need it after we’ve used a public restroom or the kids need to use it at school they have their own. I picked this brand up locally and it’s not super expensive. It also smells amazing and doesn’t have yucky ingredients.
9. Chiropractic Adjustments – when your spine is in proper alignment, all the nerves in your body can transmit correctly from the spine to your organs. Getting a chiropractic adjustment can help reduce a fever, give you much more restful sleep, help you not “need” as many medications and make you a healthier person all the way around. I strongly urge you to ask around and find a local chiropractor for you and your littles. My children have been adjusted since birth and it has helped them with an array of issues from birth trauma, acid reflux, constipation and immune health.
10. Sunshine – This is something that’s 100% free and effective at helping build a strong immune system. The right amount of sunshine can lift any mood and the vitamin D involved helps you boost your immune system. The UVA radiation from the sun and boosts T regulatory cells, which attack self-reactive T cells. Ultimately this helps boost your immune system. So walk outside and get some good free supplements that you and your littles with benefit from.
Alright y’all! I hope y’all have learned a little something from this back to school holistic medicine cabinet post. Let me know what you purchase and start implementing into your life. I would love to hear the results you experience!