hey Ladies, I figured I would chit chat with ya’ll since Love day is right around the corner. I also wanna state that I’d love to be your special Galentine. It always excites me when Valentine’s Day comes around because if nothing else, you can be your own Valentine. Take this time to give yourself that self care that you’ve been missing and really focus on YOU. With all the things we do on a daily basis, it’s easy to fall to the bottom of the totem pole so I’m sharing a few ways that you can treat yourself during this special day of love.
There are so many ways to show yourself love and since I’m your Galentine, listen up so you can make sure to DO this. Self love doesn’t mean that you spend outrageous amounts of money at the spa or buying a crazy expensive purse, it means just focusing on showing yourself love. It can be displayed outwardly in a number of ways. One of my favorite ways to show myself love is by soaking in an epsom salt bath for 20 minutes with the door closed and lights off.
Sounds simple but I swear this really helps me reset and feel fulfilled. I buy this brand of Epsom salts from Amazon, light my Skylar non toxic candles and soak with my eyes closed either in silence or listening to a podcast. I’m loving Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations podcasts right now. Once I’ve soaked for an ample amount of time (I normally get prune-y) then I scrub my body with the Beautycounter Sugar Scrub. It smells like a spa in a bottle and leaves my skin ultra moisturized and soft. Using this scrub always makes me feel pampered because the brown sugar buffs away old dry flakey skin. It also contains antioxidant-rich açaí berry to give my skin a hydration boost.
If you haven’t tried any Beautycounter products and are in need of self love, I strongly urge you to invest in their sugar scrub… you will NOT regret it. A few other products I love to use for pampering myself are the Beautycounter Balancing Facial Oil, Cleansing Balm and the Charcoal Mask. Seriously, the ultimate spa experience at home.
– take 15 minutes out of your day and write. it doesn’t matter what, just write it down.
– clean your room and put everything where it belongs.
– read that book you wanted but never had time to (30 minutes or more).
– do some yoga and even if you can’t do all the poses right, laugh at yourself.
– meditate/pray for ten minutes.
– write down the single biggest challenge you’ve overcome.
– declutter your social media: unfollow/unfriend anyone who makes you feel bad about yourself.
– write down 5 things that you can do for yourself for more self-love
– put your phone away for one hour and do something that you always put off doing