Hey ya’ll! I’m so excited to share the second installment of what is in my holistic medicine cabinet. The first one that I posted ya’ll LOVED and I am so pumped to continue this and share more with ya’ll. When switching over to holistic medicines I KNOW how confusing it can be. Trust me, up until a few years ago, I just used essential oils because I couldn’t wrap my head around learning more information! Now that I opened the flood gates of learning, I honestly can’t wait to learn more.
This week on the holistic medicine cabinet series, it’s all about the kiddos. I know this can be overwhelming because I have lived this myself and still do with finding a good balance for what works and what the kids will actually take. haha. During the school season, I boost their immune systems like crazy and this year has been a doozy. I am so ready for summer because we are NEVER passing around crud like we do when they are in school. Lucky for you, I’m about to share all the goods and what they help with.
- probiotic – a good probiotic is more important than a multivitamin in my opinion. I’ll share more about what I look for and what this helps with in a full blog next week. For now, know that a good balance of gut flora is needed for a healthy immune system. I have really found a new love for Nordic Naturals’ supplements and their kid’s probiotic is wonderful. It comes in a gummy form and the kid’s love the taste.
- multivitamin – ideally kids get their vitamins and minerals from their diet but when that’s off, it’s important to supplement with a multivitamin. I also buy the kids their multivitamin from Nordic Naturals. I love all the ingredients and it’s a gummy as well for easy use.
- colloidal silver – not only do the kids take this orally every day, I do as well. It’s great for every day immune support and also great for a multitude of things. Silver smothers and kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria so we use this for everything! Cuts, ant bites, burns, warts, pink eye, ear infections, runny noses, etc we use silver! I love this brand from amazon and I have it on an auto shipment to our house.
- elderberry syrup – I recently posted about this on my blog – you can read that here. But I’ll share it again. Ya’ll this is a MUST in our household. The kids and I drink it twice a day (in the morning and at night before bed) to help with immune support. I cannot say enough good things about elderberry because it is SO amazing. Make sure you stock up and make your own with the elderberry kits I linked in my blog.
- cough syrup – there’s nothing worse than being up all night with a sick baby that can’t stop coughing. No rest for you or them is never good and doesn’t help them rest like their body needs. I recently found this healthy brand of night time cough syrup for the kids and it’s been a lifesaver. I also diffuse breathe oils in their bedrooms and make sure to rub them down with an essential oil “Vicks vapor rub” before they go to sleep.
- fish oil – yeah, you heard me right I did say fish oil. Let me say, this has been one of the hardest things to find for the kids because they all taste so fishy. haha! Even when they hold their noses the taste is unbearable. I finally found a brand they willingly take (and actually grab from the fridge when we are getting ready to take all our vitamins). This comes in a variety of flavors so pick which one suits your tastes. We use fish oil for a multitude of things like heart health, healthy skin, gut health, healthy joints, memory support, hair growth and dental support.
- activated charcoal – ya’ll! If you haven’t had the pleasure of the stomach virus being at your house you are one lucky duck and take this as your sign to prepare for when it hits. It’s going to happen at some point and it’s going to get ugly. Especially if you have a big family like mine. We had our first one come through last year and man it was tough. I will never forget that experience for the rest of my life. We keep activated charcoal tablets for this reason. It helps soak up all the junk in your body and helps you pass it as quickly as possible.
These are my staples in the kids shelf of our holistic medicine cabinet. I hope you enjoyed this and learned a little something for yourself and your littles. Let me know if you have any questions, I would love to answer them. Comment on this post and we can chat!