I’ve decided that every week, I will share some my favorite green beauty products. My purpose in doing so is to show y’all how important using organic products really is! I don’t do things just to be labeled as a hippie, contrary to what some people might think. Instead, I do it for my health and my family’s health. There are so many toxic chemicals that fill the beauty products that are sold at everyday department stores that can have major harmful effects on us. It is really scary!
I highly suggest downloading the SKIN DEEP app and typing in the names of the products that are currently in your bathrooms and makeup bags and try not to freak out. After you throw out all of that icky toxic stuff, I hope you settle in and read this blog and see what organic products I’ve found that work! I’ve done the hard work for you! When I first realized how toxic my products were, I began trying organic products and have used some that are great and well worth the money and others that don’t do the job for which they were created. I’m well-aware of the fact that just because a product is organic doesn’t mean that it actually works.
Today, I am going to feature a wonderful company called Zoe Organics. Zoe means “life,” and their company was started to protect the lives of our children, family, community and planet! What really stuck out to me about this company is how exclusive they make their products. They only use the most organically pure ingredients when making products because they want to help everyone eliminate toxins from our bodies and the environment! The company Zoe Organics grew and came into being because as mommies, Heather and Suzanne Hamilton saw the need for a “truly natural, organic line that combined luxury, health and wellness, and social responsibility.” Heather and Suzanne evaluated other product lines and found that many fell short of their expectations. Shortly after Suzanne Hamilton’s sad passing, Zoe Organics was born.
I had the opportunity to review some of their products (and I added in a few others that I already had because I LOVE them and use them daily in my life!) The products I’ll be talking about with you in this post are the; everything balm, cream, breathe balm, mama’s ritual oil and refresh oil!
- breathe balm – The first thing I have to say about this is that last week my household was hit was a horrible cold (runny noses, nonstop coughing, fevers, etc) and after apply essential oils I remembered I had this breathe balm in my “medicine cabinet.” I made everyone pull up their shirts and I applied it to their chests, backs, necks and bottoms of the feet. MIRACLE WORKER! This helped all of us breathe easier and reduce the coughing we were all suffering from. We actually slept through the night without anyone waking up and crying from not being able to breathe or stop coughing, thank goodness! I now keep this handy little balm stick in my purse when we are out and about and still feeling a ltitle icky… a few swipes and within a few minutes everyone is back to normal!
- cream – (formally known as the extreme cream) – this is so handy in the winter when dry and irritated skin flare up. Since we’ve all had runny noses, wiping with tissue has made us all so sore and red around the nose. I’ve been applying this cream to all of our noses and it has helped take the pain and irritation away! To use: you just take a small amount in your palms and massage it into your skin. I also suffer from psoriasis and this helps me so much with my problem areas! The cream is packed with vitamins and oils filled with nutrients, making it super rich and helps your skin repair itself where it’s damaged. It has no fragrance for all my sensitive skin people and a little bit goes a long way, so this container will last you a while!
- everything balm – this balm sick is one of my absolute favorites and it goes pretty much everywhere with me. Having two small kids has made me realize exactly how many scraps, cuts and bug bites you can get when you venture out of the house. Thanks to the naturally moisturizing and restorative properties of shea butter, coconut and jojoba oils in this balm it helps clear up those aliments sooner rather than later. Nolan frets over ant and mosquito bites so I always let him get the “fix it balm” and apply as he needs it to make himself feel better. It really helps me out dealing with his sensitive little soul and because the ingredients are all organic and safe I don’t have to worry about him overdoing it! When Derrek works outside in the wind during the winter his skin and lips get chapped so he actually got his own everything balm in his stocking and keeps it with him because he was taking mine out of my purse and forgetting to put it back. (I really like that you can buy all three of these products together in the Cold Weather Essentials Box and save.
- Mama’s Ritual Oil – working from home, and being around my kids all day sure can put me in a tizzy. The stress and axiety that come from running my own businesses can work me up so much and I find that if I apply the Mama’s Ritual Oil it helps me relax and not stress. I used to take anti-anxiety medication years ago but I haven’t taken any chemical medications in 4 years (whoohooo). I use essential oils in my life style and I loved getting this blend in the mail from Zoe Organics! The lavender, bergamont, geranium, petitgrain, sandalwood and chamomile blue combine together and wrap me up in the most heavenly scent that can sooth my crazy days.
- Refresh Oil – My sister in law actually gave me this oil as a present a few months ago and since, I have fallen in love with it. I use it more now that I am dealing with morning sickness. I apply this behind my ears, on neck, chest, temples or under nose as needed. Lime peel, ginger and mint refresh and de-stress. I use this in the mornings especially when I need a little pick me up. I love that this oil blend helps sooth tummy issues and I’ve actually used it on the kids after they ate to much candy on Halloween! I love using different oil combos and this is such a good one to have in your life. You never know when you might start feeling under the weather and having this with you helps A LOT! What’s so great about this products is that you can order them all online off of the Zoe Organics website or you can head to your local Target and get your shop on! I hope you try a few or ALL of them and please share with me how you like the results!