I’ve decided that every week, I will share some my favorite green beauty products. My purpose in doing so is to show y’all how important using organic products really is! I don’t do things just to be labeled as a hippie, contrary to what some people might think. Instead, I do it for my health and my family’s health. There are so many toxic chemicals that fill the beauty products that are sold at everyday department stores that can have major harmful effects on us. It is really scary!
After you throw out all of that icky toxic stuff, I hope you settle in and read this blog and see what products I’ve found that work! I’ve done the hard work for you! When I first realized how toxic my products were, I began trying organic products and have used some that are great and well worth the money and others that don’t do the job for which they were created. I’m well-aware of the fact that just because a product is organic or all natural doesn’t mean that it actually works.
Today, I am going to feature a wonderful company called Pink Stork Solutions. Pink Stork is a company founded by a mom of four, Amy, who in her first pregnancy was admitted to the hospital for 47 days due to hyperemesis gravidarum, or severe morning sickness. With each pregnancy she began to dread the intense morning sickness and was well into her third pregnancy before she decided to take matters into her own hands and find a solution for her problem. Pregnancy is supposed to be a beautiful thing but with all the added side effects we get as moms to be, sickness, headaches, etc it can be overwhelming and not a pleasant experience. Determined to have a healthy and happy pregnancy with her fourth child, she assembled a team to help her make products that would effectively take care of the issues most mothers are faced with without all the added chemicals. With each pregnancy, I get severe headaches and insane morning sickness (aka all day sickness) so getting all my vitamins and nutrients have become somewhat of a struggle. Pink Stork believes that all disease begins in the gut so they have formulated products that “attack your sickness and improve your prenatal health from all directions in a safe, responsible, and healthy manner.” On top of this, I love that their products are vegan, organically grown, independently tested, manufactured in the USA, gluten free, soy-free, dairy-free, and non-GMO. Today, I am talking about their Severe Morning Sickness Plan and how I use the products in my life!
- Pink Stork Vinegar – Every morning, I get up and start my day with a big glass of water. I add one tbsp. of vinegar to 8 oz. of filtered water and stir it before I drink it down like a camel. I try and do this three times a day and sometimes I add honey to add some sweetness. It’s crazy how much water you have to drink so you don’t feel like you’ve been walking in the Sahara desert. Vinegar helps your body stay hydrated – really important when you’ve been stuck throwing up at the toilet all morning! Vinegar helps establish and maintain a “base” stomach and gastrointestinal tract to combat H. pylori and other adverse bacteria that contribute to morning sickness.
- Pink Stork Cocolaurin – These little tablets are life changers! I love taking them because there is no taste – no yucky vitamin after taste whoohoo! ultra-pure lauric acid extract from coconut oil. Naturally found in breastmilk, the strongest immune booster on the planet. Cocolaurin is extremely effective against H. pylori and other harmful bacteria that contribute to severe morning sickness. I take one scoop a morning, lunch and night but I am working my way up to 3 scoops 3 times a day. Years of research have come to the conclusion that Monolaurin has germ-killing properties. This product help reduce the number of pathogenic bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract which helps reduce pregnancy nausea. I try and take these before I eat because they work best on an empty stomach.
- Pink Stork Folate – It’s really important to take folate, especially in your first trimester. With the Pink Stork brand, they have changed the formula and made it a superior alternative to the traditional folic acid. Their folate is sourced directly from organic lemon peels so you don’t have to worry about what you are ingesting. I love their product the best because I can take the dropper and use half of and drop directly into my mouth. Folate is extremely important during pregnancy. Consumption of folate during pregnancy is associated with a reduction of neural tube defects and other birth defects in children.
- Pink Stork Foundation – this is a liquid prenatal that takes the place of having to ingest the prenatal capsules that can cause vomiting. I take one serving in the morning before breakfast on an empty stomach and sometimes I mix with my favorite beverage when I need to change it up a little. The foundation replaces extremely important nutrients lost during vomiting or unconsumed due to inability to eat. Contains folate, gentle iron, B-vitamins, and more.
- Pink Stork Pro – this is a probiotic that supports healthy intestinal flora in pregnant women. The presence of healthy lorea has been associated with a reduction in pregnancy nausea. Pro has also been shown to relieve constipation, lactose intolerance, irritable bowel syndrome, yeast infections and more. I take two capsules in the morning before I eat breakfast and I have noticed a change in my body since.